1. Potent and Orally Efficacious Bisthiazole-Based Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors. Chen F, Chai H, Su MB, Zhang YM, Li J*, Xie X*, Nan FJ*. ACS Med Chem Lett 2014, in press.
2. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of peptidyl epoxyketone proteasome inhibitors composed of β-amino acids. Zhang JK, Han MM, Ma X, Xu L, Cao JY, Zhou YB, Li J, Liu T, Hu YZ. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2014, in press.
3. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel tripeptidyl epoxyketone derivatives constructed from β-amino acid as proteasome inhibitors. Zhang JK, Cao JY, Xu L, Zhou YB, Liu T, Li J*, Hu YZ*. Bioorg Med Chem 2014, 22(11):2955-2965.
4. Azoxystrobin, a mitochondrial Complex III Qo site inhibitor, exerts beneficial metabolic effects in vivo and in vitro. Gao AH, Fu YY, Zhang KZ, Zhang M, Jiang HW, Fan LX, Nan FJ, Yuan CG, Li J, Zhou YB, Li JY. Biochim Biophys Acta-General Subjects 2014, 1840(7):2212-2221.
5. Discovery, synthesis, and structure-activity relationships of 20(S)-protopanaxadiol (PPD) derivatives as a novel class of AMPKα2β1γ1 activators. Liu JH, Chen DK, Liu P, He MN, Li J, Li JY*, Hu LH*. Eur J Med Chem. 2014, 79:340-349.
6. Substitution Pattern Reverses the Fluorescence Response of Coumarin Glycoligands upon Coordination with Silver (I). Shi DT, Wei XL, Sheng Y, Zang Y, He XP*, Xie J, Liu G, Tang Y, Li J*, Chen GR*. Sci Rep. 2014, 4:4252.
7. Curcusone D, a novel ubiquitin-proteasome pathway inhibitor via ROS-induced DUBs inhibition, is synergistic with Bortezomib against multiple myeloma cell growth. Cao MN, Zhou YB*, Gao AH, Cao JY, Gao LX, Sheng L, Xu L, Su MB, Cao XC, Han MM, Wang MK, Li J*. Biochim Biophys Acta-General Subjects 2014, 1840(6):2004-2013.
8. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of hetero-aromatic moieties substituted pyrrole-2-carbonitrile derivatives as dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitors. Ji X, Su M, Wang J, Deng G, Deng S, Li Z, Tang C, Li J, Li J*, Zhao L, Jiang H, Liu H*. Eur J Med Chem. 2014, 75:111-122.
9. Novel Small-Molecule AMPK Activator Orally Exerts Beneficial Effects on Diabetic db/db Mice. Li YY, Yu LF, Zhang LN, Qiu BY, Su MB, Wu F, Chen DK, Pang T, Gu M, Zhang W, Ma WP, Jiang HW, Li JY*, Nan FJ*, Li J*. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013, 273(2):325-334.
10. A novel chemical uncoupler ameliorates obesity and related phenotypes in mice with diet-induced obese by modulating energy expenditure and food intake. Fu YY, Zhang M, Turner N., Zhang LN, Dong TC, GuM, Leslie SJ, Li JY*, Nan FJ*, Li J*. Diabetologia 2013, 56(10):2297-2307.
11. Novel small-molecule AMP-activated protein kinase allosteric activator with beneficial effects in db/db mice. Zhang LN, Xu L, Zhou HY, Wu LY, Li YY, Pang T, Xia CM, Qiu BY, Gu M, Dong TC, Li JY*, Shen JK*, Li J*. PLOS One 2013, 8(8):e72092.
12. Berberine combined with 2-deoxy-D-glucose synergistically enhances cancer cell proliferation inhibition via energy depletion and unfolded protein response disruption. Fan LX, Liu CM, Gao AH, Zhou YB*, Li J*. Biochim Biophys Acta-General Subjects 2013, 1830(11):5175-5183.
13. Fluorogenic probing of specific recognitions between sugar ligands and glycoprotein receptors on cancer cells by an economic graphene nanocomposite. Zhang HL, Wei XL, Cao JY, Liu SS, He XP*, Chen QB, Long YT, Li J*, Chen GR*, Chen KX. Adv Mater 2013, 25(30):4097-4101.
14. Development of Novel Alkene Oxindole Derivatives As Orally Efficacious AMP-Activated Protein Kinase Activators. Yu LF, Li YY, Su MB, Zhang M, Zhang W, Zhang LN, Pang T, Zhang RT, Liu B, Li JY, Li J*, Nan FJ*. ACS Med Chem Lett 2013, 4(5):475-480.
15. Novel Small-Molecule PGC-1α Transcriptional Regulator With Beneficial Effects on Diabetic db/db Mice. Zhang LN, Zhou HY, Fu YY, Li YY, Wu F, Gu M, Wu LY, Xia CM, Dong TC, Li JY*, Shen JK*, Li J*. Diabetes 2013, 62:1297-1307.
16. Synthesis and biological evaluation of piperamide analogues as HDAC inhibitors. Luo Y, Liu HM, Su MB, Sheng L, Zhou YB, Li J*, Lv W*. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2011, 21:4844-4846.
17. 8,8-Dimethyldihydroberberine with improved bioavailability and oral efficacy on obese and diabetic mouse models. Cheng Z, Chen AF, Wu F, Sheng L, Zhang HK, Gu M, Li YY, Zhang LN, Hu LH*, Li JY*, Li J*. Bioorg Med Chem 2010, 18:5915-5924.
18. AMPK activators as novel therapeutics for type 2 diabetes. Yu LF, Qiu BY, Nan FJ*, Li J*. Curr Top Med Chem 2010, 10:397-410.
19. A high-throughput assay for modulators of mitochondrial membrane potential identifies a novel compound with beneficial effects on db/db mice. Qiu BY, Turner N, Li YY, Gu M, Huang MW, Wu F, Pang T, Nan FJ, Ye JM, Li JY*, Li J*. Diabetes 2010, 59:256-265.
20. AMP-activated protein kinase is involved in neural stem cell growth suppression and cell cycle arrest by AICAR and glucose deprivation by down-regulating phsopho-retinoblastoma and cyclin D. Zang Y, Yu LF, Nan FJ, Feng LY, Li J*. J Biol Chem 2009,284:6175-6184.